Sharing Tools

Poll link

Copy

Embed Widget

Widget width

500 px
350 px
250 px
Custom px
Preview
Copy

Embedded widget preview:

Width - px Height - px

Close preview
! You are using a non-supported browser Your browser version is not optimised for Toluna, we recommend that you install the latest version Upgrade

girlpower12 is using Toluna to create cool content and you can too by signing up now.


girlpower12

38 months ago

Is it true that if you eat poison Ivy you can't ever get it again?

I have never gotten it, but i heard this and wondered if it was true.
Closed
Reply

PiGGeTTa

  37 months ago
I have never heard of this but I wouldn't try it. Who knows what could happen
0 comments

lakeman4

  37 months ago
do not eat poison ivy this can kill you, you can not become immune to it.
0 comments

tlf1963

  37 months ago
I would not suggest doing this. If you are allergic to it, your throat could swell and you could choke. Old wives tale as far as I am concerned.
0 comments

Cookielady931279

  37 months ago
I've had poison ivy a couple of times and so have others whom I know. I also know someone who was seemingly immune to it, but last year developed a reaction to it. I would NEVER recommend eating poison ivy! It can cause severe allergic reactions both inside and outside of the body and your throat could swell up, stopping your breathing. Please don't try it!
0 comments

funkymonkey3

  37 months ago
I honestly don't know, but I don't think I'd try it without doing a whole lot or research first. Sounds kind of hinky, not to mention possibly dangerous. I'm not sure where you heard this, but it sounds like an old wive's tale to me. Please, please, please, don't even attempt this without checking it out very carefully first, I'd hate to see something happen to you. I know that I've not heard this one before, and I am most definitely going to do a little looking on my own. Thanks for a very interesting post that leave a lot of room for thought. But don't you think that if that was the case, we'd have all been eating the stuff from birth? Sounds like way too simple a cure for a horrible rash and the itch of a thousand chigger bites. Have a good one!
0 comments

2rallan

  37 months ago
Wow! I've never heard that one before. However, I do not have a problem with poison ivy. Even so, I do not think I would try to eat it.
0 comments

Surveyer11

  37 months ago
Its a old timers thing they would pick a leaf of the plant each spring and eat it. However, experts say eating poison ivy can be very dangerous and can cause shock and severe breathing problems. I would just say stay away from poison ivy, oak and sumac... and you shouldn't have a problem.
0 comments

tillys2

  37 months ago
Sorry but exactly is poison ivy ? I do not think we have that in the UK but I could be totally wrong
0 comments

meremcb

  37 months ago
I don't think I would ever try it...even if reports say it is true.
0 comments

dlh2007

  38 months ago
I don't know if that is true but I sure won't be testing that theory.
0 comments


Share by email

Add contacts


Cancel
Send

OK
Cancel
We're working on it...
When you upload a picture, our site looks better.
Upload
Maybe Later...